Last updated July 15, 2022
Personal Information we Collect
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice “personal information” means information that may identify you as an individual.
We collect personal information directly from you if you create an account on the Client Support Portal, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, submit a ticket, or participate in a community forum on the Client Portal. This information includes your name, telephone number, email address/username, the name of your company, your role or title, and other information you provide us with.
How we Use Personal Information
The personal information that we collect from and about you helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. We may use the personal information we collect from you in some of the following ways:
- To personalize and improve your experience on our client support website and to deliver they type of content and new offerings that may be of interest to you.
- To contact you to respond to your requests for support or provide you with information that might be of interest, including information about products and services.
- For analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve products, services and content.
- To troubleshoot problems that you have reported or that we have proactively identified.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development related to our products, which may include identifying usage trends.
- To protect the safety and security of our workforce, guests, property and assets, including monitoring activities in facilities, devices, networks, communications and other resources.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect against fraudulent, illegal or unethical activity.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal, governmental or judicial process.
- To perform the original purpose for which the personal data was collected.
How we Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- With your consent.
- To vendors we engage to provide services on our behalf, such as to deliver products or services to you; website hosting, email delivery, data analytics providers; or external consultants.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or bankruptcy, or other change of ownership or control.
We may also disclose your personal information as permitted by law in the following circumstances:
- If we determine that the disclosure is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process.
- To protect the health, safety or other legitimate rights or property of our company, business partners, employees, or the general public.
- To pursue available remedies or limit damages.
- To respond to an emergency.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device. The cookie enables the website to recognize unique visitors and make the use of the site more meaningful. This information may include your IP address, web browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, country, location, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and other web browsing information.
We use several types of cookies on our client support website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by certain service providers. They include:
- Web beacons which collect information such as loading errors and most visited pages.
- Site analytics cookies which monitor how our website is performing and how you interact with it, and allow us to improve our website and applications.
- Functional cookies that remember who you are as a user of our website.
- Social media cookies that integrate with social media platforms.
We also use analytics services such as Google Analytics to learn more about your use of our website including the number of website visitors, which pages of our site are most popular, which browsers are used, and certain demographic information. This information helps us improve our website. You can learn more about how Google Analytics uses your data by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
You may choose to turn off certain cookies through your browser settings.
Safeguarding your Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no system or online transmission of data is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted online. We encourage you to take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information which may include accessing the website within a secure environment.
Retention of Personal Information
We will store the personal information you provide for as long as we believe is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which we collected it or to comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations.
Users Outside the United States
Our client support site is intended for users and activities located in the United States and this Privacy Notice describes how we use and disclose your personal information pursuant to United States laws. We make no representation that this site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. By utilizing this site and/or requesting support, you understand and agree that your personal information will be processed in the United States or in the countries where our vendors are located.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. As business needs change, we will review our practices regarding the collection and use of personal information and amend this Privacy Notice as appropriate. We will notify users of any such changes by posting such changes on the client support website. Your continued use of this website after the effective date posted at the top of this page constitutes your acceptance of the amended Privacy Notice.
Questions and Feedback
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or how we collect and use personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.